Liverpool “standing” in Etihad (1-1)

The big derby between Manchester City and Liverpool in the 8th game of the Premier League ended in a draw. Salah opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 13th minute, with Jesούςs equalizing in the 31st minute. Olympiakos’ opponent in the Champions League groups lost a great opportunity for the overthrow with De Bruyne, who missed a penalty. At the top of the Premier League is now only Leicester with 18 points, which travels to “Anfield” the next game (21/11) in another great match. The match The “reds” started very aggressively, exerting tremendous pressure from the first minutes in City. Already, in the 1st minute, Alexander-Arnold found Firmino nicely from the right in the area, the Brazilian passed Anderson but could not keep the ball inside the field. Liverpool had trapped the development of the hosts and managed to take the lead in 13 minute, thin. Walker fell aimlessly on Mane and the referee pointed to the penalty spot. Salah scored from the eleven steps and made it 0-1. Guardiola’s team tried to balance the game, had the possession in their favor (58% -42%) and in the 25th minute came close to scoring. De Bruyne made the cross from the right, Sterling found himself unmarked on the right crossbar and made the play, with Allison blocking saves. The hosts, however, reached the equalizer in the 31st minute. De Bruyne found Jesούςs nicely in the area, he impressively avoided Alexander-Arnold and beat Allison close to 1-1. After the equalizer, City increased their performance and completely changed the picture. on the field. In the 32nd minute De Bruyne missed a great opportunity to overthrow and seven minutes later, the “citizens” won a penalty in the hand of Gomez, but the Belgian missed from eleven steps. Alexander-Arnold missed a great opportunity in the 44th minute to give the Liverpool, but Anderson blocked the young man’s effort from the right inside the area. City came in determined looking for the second goal and lost two great opportunities in two minutes. In the 55th minute Jesούςs headed but the ball went just wide. next to Allison’s goal, while two minutes later De Bruyne’s shot went out. In the 62nd minute, Alexander-Arnold was injured and went off the field, with Milner taking his place. From that point on, the pace of the game dropped considerably, with the phases being minimal until the end. The hosts were more mobile in the second half, but failed to score the second goal. Manchester City: Walker, Ruben Dias , Laport, Cancello, Rodri, Guidogan, De Bruyne, Jesσουςs, Sterling, Torres (63 ‘Bernardo Silva). (59 ‘Shakiri), Mane. Follow it on Google News and be the first to know all the news See all the latest News from Greece and the World, at

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *