Farmers: At 8 billion euros the aid package



At least 37% of the funding will support actions related to the environment and climate and 55% to support young farmers. In particular, Parliament and the Council reached an interim agreement on an EU recovery package for farmers, The political agreement has yet to be formally approved by both Parliament and the Council. The negotiators agreed to advance all funds allocated to rural communities through the by 2021 and 2022. The Commission had proposed to release funding between 2022 and 2024. About 30% of the € 8.07 billion in aid will be available in 2021, with the remaining 70% to be released in 2022 says MEPs MEPs manage to secure at least 37% of recovery funding for organic for environmental and climate-related actions and animal welfare. At least 55% of the fund will support start-ups and farm investments that contribute to a sustainable, sustainable and digital recovery. The share of recovery funding that EU countries will spend on environmentally beneficial practices should not be lower than the percentage of EU rural development currently currently spent for this purpose. Higher EU co-financing without contributions from countries The EU will fund up to 100% of the eligible measures from the additional funds provided by the next generation EU. EU countries will not need to contribute extra money from their national budgets. The negotiators agreed that investments made by farmers and food processors that contribute to a sustainable and digital economic recovery can be supported up to 75% of the cost. MEPs have also managed to raise the threshold for boosting start-ups from the Rural Development Fund for young farmers from € 70,000 to € 100,000. EU, to meet real needs and seek support from our citizens, our rural communities and our farmers and food producers. We have managed to secure EU funding in record time to increase resilience, sustainability and digitize the sector. “Not only to fund solutions as usual. By doing so, we are showing concrete solidarity in the EU with an area that, even in the darkest days of the COVID-19 pandemic, has never disappointed EU citizens,” said Rapporteur Paolo De Castro S&D, IT). “We have agreed in a very short time that the desperately needed financial aid for EU farmers, food producers and rural beneficiaries will be released quickly. “Now we need to conclude the negotiations on the CAP rules for 2021 and 2022 quickly, so that, by the end of the year, we have adopted relevant rules to help farmers be more resilient in the future,” she said. Norbert Lins Committee on Agriculture (EPP, DE). Next steps The text on the next generation EU recovery instrument will be incorporated into the CAP transitional regulation. The agreed transitional rules of the CAP will then have to be approved by Parliament and the Council before they enter into force on 1 January 2021. The EU recovery instrument must be agreed by the Council and is currently being negotiated under the MFF and own resources. Follow it on Google News and be the first to know all the news See all the latest News from Greece and the World, at



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *